Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Meal Prep Monday....The Tuesday Edition

So, I'm feeling rather frumpy these days.  I lost 15lbs in 9 weeks, and literally nothing that I own fits me.  All of my favorite shirts hang weird, and honestly, I bought them when I didn't feel that awesome about myself, so they make me look like I'm part bag lady, part 500lbs.  I need to fix this, like yesterday.  I've been watching for good deals on jeans (size 28/29 HOLLA!) and scooping those up when I can, but it has still left me totally empty handed for shirts.  I was online shopping yesterday like "Ooooh!  I need that, and that, and that AND THAT!" But, I plan on this being a temporary size, and I need cute clothes that don't hide all of my hard work, but that I also don't drop a grip load on.  I grabbed a few online that should come in within the next week, which will hopefully help me get through the slump, and then I'll just keep my eye out for good deals at The Rack.  Also, I found the cutest shirt there the other day, but the kids were being crazy and I was just done shopping, so I totally skipped it and I've been kicking myself ever since!  Don't you hate that?  Ugh, such a drag.

One other thing that I really need to kick into high gear is getting dressed every day.  I mean, I don't wear my pajamas all day, but I do rock yoga pants at least 99% of the time.  Did you ever watch that episode of Desperate Housewives where Lynette and her husband had sex for 30 straight days to fall back in love?  That's how I feel with clothes.  Maybe if I put jeans on for 30 straight days I won't hate putting jeans on at the end of it.  I mean, as long as I don't end up pregnant it's a real win either way.

Back to the matter at hand.  I swear, yesterday came and went, and I feel like I blinked and I missed it!  It was our first 'at home' day in almost a week and a half, and aside from grocery shopping and cheer we really did just stay home. The kids were so happy, and it went so well we went ahead and decided to spend the rest of the week doing as close to nothing as possible.  I'm a real giver like that.  Anyways, lets talk about meal prep Monday, the Tuesday edition.  Along with being gone all week last week I also ate out all week last week.  I feel like a slug from putting all of that garbage into my body and my face has broken out!  So these next few weeks before surgery I am focusing hardcore on diet and water.  I feel so much better when I put good food into my body, and my skin glows so hard it basically rivals the sun when I get my gallon of water in a day.

My girlfriend is AMAZING and brought me all of these squash and cucumbers!  It was a serious score.  So, everything that I prepped this week includes either or both of those ingredients.

(such a blurry picture, I was basically shaking with excitement!)

I decided to go simple this week, because that's the goal around these parts, and just sautéed a bunch of squash, added it to seasoned ground turkey and called that the start of lunch!  Breakfast will always be egg whites.  I hate the taste of eggs, so the whites usually just absorb whatever flavor is around them.  Otherwise, the rest of my meals will be even easy-peasier.  Fiber One for my morning snack (hide your jealousy, I dare you), ground turkey over a sweet potato for lunch, a granola bar of some sort afternoon snack and then my previously posted meal plan for dinner.  Geeze, if I keep all of my weeks this simple I might as well change the title of this blog to The Real Mrs. Cleaver!  I'm totally in the market for a homemade, protein packed, granola bar.  If you've got any amazing ones pass them my way, please.  

No comments:

Post a Comment